If you wish to contact staff outside of the game, or just hang around in the IRC channel which is linked to MCAU, you can use this WebChat client. When joining the channel it is important to note that people are not constantly watching, so please write what you have to say and check back in a while without leaving IRC. If it is an urgent issue say the username of a channel operator to get their attention.
What’s the link to join again?
- “… you can use this WebChat client.”
What’s the information I need to connect with my own IRC client?
- Host: irc.freenode.net
- Channels: #mcau, #mcau-chat
How do I join additional IRC channels?
- Run the command: /join <channel-name>
How do I gain permission to speak in #mcau-chat or #mcau-vanilla?
- You first need to register a nickname.
This can be done with the information here.
- After you have verified your email, send a message in #mcau asking for permanent voice in #mcau-chat or #mcau-vanilla.
- Please note not everyone will get this, you need to have behaved on the server.
What is does it mean to “ping” someone?
- When you say someone’s username correctly on IRC, they will be notified and drawn to what you have said. Of course this only works if the person is at their computer and not busy.
Please note: Staff do not generally check the comments here on this website. For this reason, comments on this page have been closed. If you prefer to leave a message instead of using IRC, please visit the MCAU Forums. For other contact options, see here.